When it comes to maintaining a safe and functional property, having a level concrete surface is essential. However, due to factors such as settling, erosion, and improper installation, concrete surfaces can become uneven and pose a hazard to those who use them.
This is where concrete leveling comes in – a process that restores the levelness of concrete surfaces without the need for costly and time-consuming replacements.
In Greenville, SC, concrete leveling has become a popular solution for both residential and commercial property owners looking to improve the safety and appearance of their concrete surfaces.
What Is Concrete Leveling?
Concrete leveling, also known as concrete raising, is the process of restoring a level surface to a concrete slab that has become uneven over time. There are several reasons why someone may need concrete leveling.
One of the most common reasons is settling, which occurs when the soil beneath the concrete slab becomes compacted or shifts, causing your concrete surface to sink and become uneven. Erosion can also cause the soil beneath the concrete slab to wash away, causing it to sink.
Tree roots, improper drainage, or poor concrete installation can also cause concrete surfaces to become uneven over time. Concrete leveling helps to restore the levelness of the surface, improve its functionality, and prevent safety hazards.
5 Signs You Need Concrete Leveling
If you’re considering concrete leveling on your property in Greenville, SC, knowing what signs to look for is important. Check for these common indicators that tell you it might be time to call for a professional foundation repair company in Greenville, SC for concrete leveling on your driveway, patio, sidewalk, or garage.
- Cracks – Not all cracks are cause for concern, but if you have a crack that is widening, that is something you want to pay attention to. Wide cracks in the concrete can be an indication that the surface has shifted or settled. If left unaddressed, those cracks can worsen and cause more significant damage and pose a safety hazard.
- Separation – Separation can occur especially in jointed areas like where your driveway connects to the house or where the sidewalk joins to a fence or gate. Inspect these areas to see if it appears the concrete is uneven or pulling away.
- Pools of Water – If you notice water pooling in certain areas of your driveway, that means that the surface has become uneven. Water pooling can also lead to erosion and is a breeding group for insects.
- Damaged Edges – If the edges of your driveway are starting to sink, it may be a sign that the sub-base has become compromised. This can cause the entire driveway to become uneven over time.
- Warping (Sinking Slabs) – Moisture beneath the slab can cause it to sink in the middle. This causes a warping, or ripple across the surface of the concrete. If you notice that your concrete doesn’t feel flat, it’s time to call in an expert.
How Does Concrete Leveling Work?
The first step of our concrete leveling service is assessing your property. Our knowledgeable technician will examine the surface of your concrete and determine the best course of action.
Once we are ready to start, concrete leveling can be done in three easy steps.
- Step 1 – Drill Holes – Small holes will be drilled into the affected area of the concrete surface. These holes will allow the injection material to be inserted beneath the surface.
- Step 2 – Pump Leveling Compound – A rapidly expanding high-density polyurethane foam is injected through the drilled holes using hydraulic pressure. This material will fill any voids beneath the concrete surface and raise it back to its original position.
- Step 3 – Patch the Drill Holes – Once the concrete surface has been leveled, the drilled holes will be patched with a cement-based material or epoxy that matches the color of the surrounding concrete.
Benefits of Concrete Leveling
Not only will concrete leveling bring fresh curb appeal to your property in Greenville, SC but there are also additional benefits to this service below surface-level aesthetics.
- Minimum Damage – The job is done without any significant damage to its surroundings. You don’t have to worry about destroying your lawn or garden to repair your concrete.
- Cheaper Than Having It Replaced – Concrete leveling is a cost-effective alternative to replacing a damaged or uneven concrete surface. The process is typically less expensive than a full replacement and can help extend the life of the surface.
- Less Possibility for Injury – Uneven concrete surfaces can create safety hazards, such as tripping or falling. Concrete leveling helps to restore the levelness of the surface and eliminate these hazards, making it safer for those who use it.
- Better Ground Support – The process of concrete leveling works by using the hydraulic pressure of the injected material to lift the concrete surface. The material expands as it cures and forms a strong and solid base.
- Quick Process – Concrete leveling doesn’t take as much time as replacing your concrete. The process is over as fast as the injections take and your surface is ready to use again within an hour or two of completion.
FAQs About Concrete Leveling
Why Choose Upstate Structural Repair
- Better Repairs – Our technicians in Greenville, SC don’t just repair concrete, we look at the problem as it relates to the entire home. By determining a root cause and evaluating the entire property, we can perform the right repair that works. We don’t waste time with unnecessary projects, our repairs work with your home to provide comprehensive solutions.
- No Scare Tactics – We provide honest feedback, professional suggestions, and empowering education to help you make the best decisions for your home in Greenville, SC.
- We Are Local – Many foundation repair companies are part of national franchises. Not us. We are a local company in Greenville, SC that cares about our community and the people who live in it.
Contact the Experts!
Concrete leveling is an effective and efficient solution to repair and restore damaged or uneven concrete surfaces. Whether it’s a driveway, patio, or floor, concrete leveling can help improve safety, functionality, appearance, and the overall value of a property.
By working with Upstate Structural Repair in Greenville, SC, you can rest easy knowing we have the expertise to address any underlying issues. Don’t hesitate to contact us to learn more about how concrete leveling can benefit you and your property.